Terms & Conditions
By registering to participate in the Cricket Draft Fantasy ("the Game") you agree to be bound by and to abide by the following terms and conditions.
Applications and Registration
1. All applications to participate in the Game must be made online at https://thecricketdraft.com ("the Site") and strictly in accordance with the relevant instructions. No applications to enter made in any other manner will be accepted. Where your application is accepted, you will become known as a 'Player' in the terms below.
2. Entry into the Game is open to both UK and non-UK residents. Employees (and their immediate families) of The Cricket Draft are ineligible to win any prizes. Professional Cricket Players are ineligible to win any monetary or other prizes as a result of their performance in the game. If such person would otherwise win a prize, it shall be awarded to the next placed Player. Please see terms 27-30 if you are under 18 years of age, as these are extra terms which will apply to you when playing the Game.
3. No purchase of any item or service is necessary in order to enter the Game and no payment is required from you to enter the Game.
4. Entries must not be submitted by agents or third parties. No responsibility can be accepted for lost, delayed or incomplete entries or entries not received by the Cricket Draft for any reason. Any such entries will be deemed void (concerning which the decision of the Cricket Draft shall be final).
5. While there is no limit on the number of entries per household or organisation, only one entry in respect of the Game per unique registered user of the Site is permitted (concerning which the decision of the Cricket Draft shall be final).
6. While there is no closing date for entries, the Cricket Draft will publish from time to time deadlines by which you must be registered as Players in order to qualify for points awarded in respect of any round of games in a given competition. Any such information on how and when to enter for the Game forms part of these terms and conditions.
7. The Cricket Draft reserves the right to suspend and delete teams or leagues that contain team names or league names which are deemed to be inappropriate or offensive. Depending on the seriousness of the situation, the user’s account may be deleted in its entirety without notice. Any such decision to do so by the Cricket Draft is final.
8. In the event that (other than in the circumstances at term 7 above) team names or league names are deemed unsuitable the Cricket Draft may reject such team names or league names. Any names so rejected may be changed and notified to the Cricket Draft within seven days. In the event that the alternative name is again rejected (at the Cricket Draft's discretion) the relevant applicant will be treated as being in breach of these terms and conditions.
10. Both UK and non-UK residents entering the Game are subject to their teams being automatically entered into a “Country League”. A Country League is simply a mini-league named after the country entered by the Player when registering a team. In association with an official Cricket Draft partner in selected territories, the Cricket Draft may choose to offer a prize to the overall winner of such Country Leagues. The nature of the prize and the countries selected for this purpose are at the sole discretion of the Cricket Draft. There is no opt-out from a Country League but participation in no way obligates the Player to receive marketing communications from the Cricket Draft or partner.
11. The Cricket Draft doesn’t condone users charging for entry to leagues they have created, strongly encourages users not to join such leagues and cannot be held responsible for their management or any loss suffered through users’ involvement in such leagues.
The Game Rules
12. The Game will be governed by the Game Rules from time to time published on the Site by the Cricket Draft ("Game Rules"). The Cricket Draft reserves the right to alter, amend or supplement the Game Rules from time to time in its absolute discretion in the event of any circumstances beyond its reasonable control arising or where it considers it desirable to do so. You agree that no liability shall attach to the Cricket Draft as a result of any such change and so are advised to check the Game Rules regularly from time to time. The Game Rules form part of these terms and conditions.
13. The Cricket Draft will be the sole decision-maker of any matter of interpretation of the Game Rules and any aspect of the content of, or playing of, the Game. The Cricket Draft will not enter into correspondence relating to such matters and its decision as to any matter arising out of or in connection with the Game Rules including but not limited to the allocation of points to any Player and/or the award of any Prize and/or any ranking or league table shall be final and conclusive.
Prizes and Winner's Details
14. The prizes awarded in respect of the Game ("Prizes") will be at the discretion of the Cricket Draft from time to time and the Cricket Draft reserves the right to alter and amend the Prizes where circumstances beyond its reasonable control require it to do so.
15. The first Prize ("Winner's Prize") will be awarded to the Player who according to the Cricket Draft's determination is at the top of the leaderboard published by the Cricket Draft at the end of the respective season. Proof of age will be required for the Winner's Prize.
16. Where prizes are available, these will be published on the site/app.
17. Where available for a given competition, we will publish monthly prizes on the site/app.
18. Where available for a given competition, we will publish gameweek prizes on the site/app.
19. In the event more than one Player is at the top of the respective leader board, the relevant prizes shall be awarded to the Player who was first to register on the Site. The Cricket Draft's decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
20. The Cup Prize will be awarded to the Player who according to the Cricket Draft’s determination wins the cup final at the end of the season.
21. We are currently in discussion with regards to the exact specifications of the Cup Winner's Prize.
22. Prizes are not transferable and are non-exchangeable and no cash alternative will be offered in any circumstances.
23. Winners will be notified of their success by email in respect of a prize, at which time they must confirm their contact details prior to the Prize in question being delivered.
23a. Certain prizes are only avialable in specific locations: prizes for our Premiership competition are only available to UK residents.
24. The winners' names will be published on the Site.
25. Subject always to term 30 below, Players' names and addresses and the winners' photographic images and their comments relating to any Prize may be used without limitation for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes of the Cricket Draft in any and all media worldwide without notice to them and without any fee being paid and, in participating in the Game, all entrants consent to the same.
26. If you are under 18, then the above Prizes information will apply differently to you should you win a Prize. Please see terms 27-30 below.
Applicants Under 18 Years of Age
27. If you are under 18 years of age, then you are welcome to enter the Game, but you should carefully read these terms, and ensure that your parent or responsible guardian also does so, before submitting your application.
28. You will only be eligible for a Prize if we receive written consent from your parent or guardian confirming that:
- they were happy for you to play the Game;
- that they are happy for you to receive a Prize.
28a. Restrictions on some prizes may mean that players under 18 who might otherwise win will not be eligible to receive said prize. In this instance, the Cricket Draft shall endeavour to source a substitute prize, with the original prize going to the Player who next satisfies the restriction criteria of said prize.
29. If we receive the requisite consent to our reasonable satisfaction all prizes requiring adult supervision will be booked in the name of your parent or guardian accordingly.
30. If you do win a Prize, and if the Cricket Draft wishes to use any comments, details, or photographs of you, then they will always seek the express written consent of your parent or guardian before doing so.
Responsibility and Remedies
31. The extent of the Cricket Draft's responsibility to you has been determined in the context of the following:
- playing the Game is provided to you free of charge;
- you are responsible for any action you do or do not take as a result of the Game and the information therein;
- you are responsible for ensuring that your equipment is enabled with appropriate up-to-date virus checking software.
32. While the Cricket Draft will endeavour to ensure that the Game is available to you at all times and that the contents are correct and accurate, it cannot make any legal commitment to you that this will be the case. However, the Cricket Draft will exercise reasonable skill and care in providing any service to you.
33. The Cricket Draft cannot accept any liability to you for any of the following types of loss which you may suffer as a result of your entry to the Game:
- loss which was not foreseeable to you and the Cricket Draft when you first applied for the Game (even if that loss results from the Cricket Draft's failure to comply with these terms or its negligence);
- any business loss you may suffer, including loss of revenue, profits, or anticipated savings (whether those losses are the direct or indirect result of the Cricket Draft's default);
- loss which you suffer other than as a result of our failure to comply with these terms or our negligence or breach of statutory duty;
- any loss which you may suffer as a result of or in connection with or arising out of any Prize.
34. Nothing in these terms will limit the Cricket Draft's liability for death or personal injury arising from its negligence or if they deliberately lied to you before you entered.
35. Any breach by you of the Game Rules from time to time shall also be a breach of these terms and conditions.
36. In the event of any breach by you of these terms and conditions the Cricket Draft reserves the right to:
- refuse entry to the Game;
- disqualify you from the Game;
- require any reasonable amendment to your application or entry.
If you are barred or disqualified from entry, you shall not be eligible to participate in the Game under any other identity or team name. Any such decision by the Cricket Draft shall be final.
37. If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid, or otherwise enforceable then the remaining terms shall continue in full force and effect.
38. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
Promoter: The Cricket Draft Ltd